DescriptionIn a residential context convenient to the lake and the centre of Colombare we propose a fabulous solution, ideal both as a holiday home and as a first home.
The apartment is located on the first and last floor and has an independent entrance that guarantees total privacy.
The swimming pool and the condominium park are a plus that you will not have to give up.
Sirmione is not only the ancient village, also the territory outside the bridge is rich in history.
To the south of the peninsula, in an area that is now densely urbanized, the ancient Lugana or Ligana or Lucana or Litana forest stretched. Because of its strategic position, it was the scene of numerous weapons events, including the clash between Constantine and Maxentius in 312 AD. Perhaps here in the forest, in an unspecified place, Pope Leone Magno in 452 AD would have convinced Attila, leader of the Huns, to return to the north. The place names present in this area, such as Saint Benedict, Saint Vigilio and Saint Martin, recall the work of agricultural reclamation carried out here by the monks. However, the forest had almost disappeared at the beginning of the sixteenth century, as it was colonized and exploited as agricultural land. The clay soils of the still cultivated areas produce the famous Lugana wine.
In the territory that was part of the ancient Lugana forest, two densely inhabited towns are now located in two hamlets of Sirmione: Lugana and Colombare. Lugana is a settlement that gathers in particular around the church, built between 1910 and 1912, but extends over the territory until it includes the village of Rovizza, the ancient estate of the Rovizzi Counts. Here you can visit the little church dedicated to St. Ursula, once a noble chapel, and the Monument to the Alpine, a testimony to the sacrifice of many Sirmionesians who fought in this Body.
The village of Colombare takes its name from an ancient farmhouse that has now disappeared and until after the Second World War it consisted of an expanse of fields dotted with a few rural dwellings. In the Sixties, the rapidly expanding population wanted its own church, named after Saint Francis, which was inaugurated in 1969. The building, which interprets the novelties of the Second Vatican Council, looks like a large circular curtain, built with stone, cement, copper and coloured glass.